Alliance Trust Savings Limited
Standard Promotion Rules
1. The promoter of the offer or competitions is Alliance Trust Savings Limited (the "Promoter"). The Promoter's principal place of business is at 8 West Marketgait Dundee DD1 1YP (Mark any correspondence for the attention of Competitions Manager, Alliance Trust Savings). These terms and conditions govern and apply to all offers and competitions which are promoted or run across any and all platforms by the Promoter (whether acting on behalf of itself or as agent on behalf of any other group undertakings (as defined by section 1161(5) of the Companies Act 2006)) including but not limited to http://www.alliancetrustsavings.co.uk ("Website").
Entries and Participation - General
2. Participation in an offer a competition or request to use or receive or benefit from an offer must be received in the manner stipulated in the rules of an offer or competition
3. All entrants to any competition or offer of the Promoter agree to participate of their own volition and obey and be subject to these terms and conditions and any rules associated with a particular competition or offer by their participation in the competition or offer.
4. If the competition or offer is made available to you because of your employment, you will have obtained your employer’s authorization or consent and be deemed to have done so by participation in the competition or offer.
5. Participants must use their true, legal name when submitting entries and claiming prizes and will be disqualified and offers or prize(s) forfeited if they are found using an assumed name or alias.
6. All entrants must qualify at the date of entry (in that they must be eligible in accordance with these Terms and any other rules imposed by the Promoter in relation to each individual Competition or offer) and be resident in the UK. The eligibility of any entrant is determined at the sole discretion of the Promoter and proofs may be required before any prize will be awarded. Only one entry per person and per household is permitted, unless the rules state otherwise.
7. Employees of the Promoter, its affiliated companies, their advertising agencies, and immediate families of any such employees are not eligible to enter or win, unless the Rules specifically say otherwise.
8. By participating in the competitions or offers, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
9. By participating in the competition or offer all participants agree that the Promoter shall not be liable for any costs, expenses, loss or damage sustained or incurred by any participant with regards to participation in the competition or offer. All participants enter at their own risk.
10. The Promoter is not responsible for any failure to complete or submit an entry due to unavailability of the Promoter’s website, disconnection of web access, local or long distance internet failure, power failure, or any other reason outside Promoter’s control. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost, incomplete or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server failures, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control. All lost, damaged or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Proof of entry shall not be proof of delivery or receipt. Only entries received in accordance with these Terms and all other rules of specific competitions or offers will be acceptable. The Promoter will not be liable if a prize cannot be taken by a winner for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter or by reason of the winner failing to observe the terms and conditions of any third party involved in the provision of the prize.
11. By participating in the offers or competitions you hereby assign all copyright which you may own in your entry to the Promoter and you acknowledge that the Promoter will own all the copyright in your entry.
12. By participating in the competitions, all entrants are deemed to accept these Terms and all other rules relating to the competition.
13. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, change the start dates or dates of entry and/or the period for which the offers and competitions will be available and the Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or withdraw these Terms and rules and/or the competitions without prior notice.
14. No purchase of any product or service is necessary before entering the competition but may be necessary to participate in any offer.
Entries and participation - FSA regulated entities
15. If you participate because of your employment and you or your firm is regulated by the FSA, you will have obtained your employer’s authorization or consent and be deemed to have done so by participation in the competition or offer, and your compliance officer has confirmed that such participation has not unduly influenced the suitability of the advice or recommendations given to any of your clients.
16. If the participant is a firm or a person regulated by the FSA (or its successor) you confirm that any prize, incentive or offer that is made available to you, your firm, or your clients or your firm’s clients, will not be taken into account when assessing the suitability our products and services or advice given to a particular client, and you indemnify and keep indemnified the Promoter from any claim arising from such a client, or investigation by the FSA (or its successor) because of your conduct in relation to clients and participation in the offer of competition.
Participation in Financial Promotions including incentives
17. If the Promoter is engaged in a promotion or financial incentive which involves a reduction of the Promoter’s or any other persons charges, that promotion may be made available to, all customers a certain class of customer or selected individuals who qualify for the particular incentive or promotion, it may be suspended or withdrawn as a whole or for particular circumstances before any intended or published end date by reason of law, and in particular use of the incentive being decided to be contrary to or reasonably likely to lead to an action or omission that is precluded or censured by a regulatory authority, in particular because of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, and the Companies Act 2006, or for any reason stated in the Promoter’s Accounts terms and conditions, that are identified by the Promoter or brought to its attention and investigated by the Promoter all as the Promoter in its sole and absolute discretion may decide. When such circumstances arise the Promoter shall tell any participant in the promotion or incentive unless it is precluded from doing so by law
Winners Offers and Prizes
18. Winning entries will be determined by the Promoter whose decision shall be final.
19. Only one prize will be awarded per winning entry as more fully described in the rules. No groups or teams will be recognised unless so stated in the rules.
20. A winner will be notified using the details provided as part of the Competition. As appropriate offers will be issued to a participant using details provided.
21. The winner of a competition may be required to participate in publicity surrounding this promotion and consents to his/her name, locations and photographs being published for the purposes of any individual Competition or offer and promoting the Promoter and its business as the Promoter will tell the winner(s) in conjunction with any award.
22. Where the Terms and Conditions of a particular competition or offer require a participant or the winner to be 18 years of age or older, the Promoter may require proof of age.
23. The decision of the Promoter as to who has been awarded a prize or entitled to an offer is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter may at its sole discretion, substitute any prize or offer for a prize or offer of a similar nature and/or comparable value.
24. Participants may not request and are not entitled to a cash alternative to their prize or offer and their prize or offer is non-refundable and non-transferable.
25. Inability of winners to accept the prizes or participants to confirm details required for an offer within 14 days of notice that acceptance or confirmation is required, or the return of a prize notification as undeliverable or failure to respond to a prize notification within a reasonable time of not more than 14 days will result in disqualification. In which case an alternate winner may be selected at the Promoter's discretion or a participant may not be able to participate in an offer.
26. In the event that a winner declines his or her prize the Promoter may elect, at its own discretion, to select an alternate winner.
27. A participant may decline to participate in an offer.
28. Winners of competitions agree that their names and employer or company name / address if appropriate to a competition will be published by the Promoter on its Website and entrants will find out who the winner was by access the Website and results will also be made available by post on request.
29. Winners will permit the Promoter to publicise the winner’s name, or other details (if specified in the Terms and Conditions) for promotional purposes in connection with the competition.
30. Winners shall solely be responsible for all applicable taxes or additional charges on any prize awarded.
31. All prizes and offers must be accepted as awarded or described. Prizes and offers are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes or offers. The Promoter retains the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond Promoters control.
32. The terms and conditions of any third party supplier may apply and must be accepted and complied with by the winner or participant.
33. The prize or offer is only for the items specified and will not comprise any further or additional components including, by way of example only, the provision of motor insurance, MOT and driving licence for a car, or insurance or spending money for a prize such as a holiday.
34. When the prize for any competition or reward included in an offer includes travel, hotel or similar accommodation then the following shall apply:
34.1Any flights to a destination outside the United Kingdom will be from a London airport of the Promoter’s choosing unless stated otherwise in the Rules to destination airport only.
34.2The travel or accommodation can only be taken on dates agreed with the Promoter within the period specified in the Rules of the particular competition or offer and may not include peak periods.
34.3 A winner (and any companion) must have valid travel documentation permitting travel within the UK, or exit from and entry to the UK and country selected valid for the period a prize must be taken.
34.4 The winner (and any companion) shall solely be responsible for arranging time off work, all passports, travel visas, medical precaution, taxes, cancellation and travel insurance, transport to and from hotels or similar accommodation or airports transfers spending money and other expenses (including meals, beverages, car hire and other personal expenses) not listed as included in the prize.
34.5 The Promoter is not responsible for cancellation, delays or changes to any transport booked, including flights or any other part of the prize or for the inability of the prize winner to take up any part of the prize due to problems with flights, travel or any disputes with any employer about time off work, or any other factor outside the Promoter’s control.
35. All prizes will be presented to winners via a U.K. mailing courier or delivery service, unless otherwise stated.
36. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 the data controller in relation to any personal data you supply is The Promoters. The details you have provided will be retained by us and will be used for administering this competition and marketing the goods and services of the Promoter and other companies in the Promoter’s group. Your personal information may be passed to these companies and to agents, suppliers or sub-contractors who process information on our behalf. Please write to our Compliance Officer for an up to date list of the companies in our group or if you do not wish to receive marketing from us. You have the right of access to the data that we hold about you, subject to the payment of the relevant fee.
37. Contest and prizes are subject to the law and regulations of Scotland and may be required to be determined void where restricted or prohibited by law. These terms and conditions and associated Rules are governed by and construed and performed in accordance with the laws of Scotland, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.
Liability of Promoter
38. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter in promoting the competition, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the competitions or any aspect of a prize or offer.
Back to top